Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Doctors, Slackers, Untrained drivers, Salesmen.......

My day...well to put it in a nut shell..confusing.
today the forman did not show up and thats cool cause i don't know him that well anyway- two less eye watching me. the assistent is cool and seems to be taking a liking to me. anywho we were on conversions today. what that means is we take the hopper and spreader off the winter trucks, clean them, and put the dump bodys on for summer. well last week i was on this and the 3 of us got 2 and 3 trucks done a-day, and without breaking a sweat. even then they (the crew leader) was telling us to slow down. today we had 4 guys- and we got 1 truck done and slacked off the rest of the day. i dont get it- i dont want to sit around- lets do something! then my partner- the lazy fuck- left me to do all the paperwork- and it was about 10 times more than a usual day- and he didn't do shit all day- less than anyone on our crew.
so after work i went to the doctor- highly recomended by my buddy. i get there 15 min early just to do paperwork (its always a lot of paperwork for new custumers). they don't have a table and i have to fill out many pages on a clip board- i can't stand that- so i left. i went to the lobby and sat at a table- finished the paperwork and gave it back to the nurse at the exact time my appointment was supose to be- so im thinking- in and out right- BIG WRONG!! i have a seat after 40 min- im dozen off and i wake up and its been 50 min, im fumin and im about to say something, but then they called me in- ok, he's busy- relax. so i go in the room and the nurse does some rutine tests and said the doctor will be right in- ok.......and waiting.... and waiting.....and 20 more min go by and again im dozing off and im about to say something to the nurse when the doc walkes in with his 12 yearold student doc (alright maybe he was 20) he gives me a quick look-see gives me 2 prescriptions for minor probles that i did not even come in forand draws blood and has me make an appointment for next week. the doc was really nice and really seems like a great guy- but i sware- if i have to wait like that next week, so help me......

so now the towing enters the picture- im leabving the office and in the front lot a marathone towtruck is hooked to an SUV and he is laying undernieth doing something. no safety chains or blocks. WTF- what if the truck loses hydrolics and the car sinks down- then what ? ur trapped and killed under the car. and why- because u were too lazy to put a block of wood under the stinger? comeon- SAFETY. SAFETY!!!!!

i am going to a focus group now to talk about tv shows and they r paying me $50-75 for my opinions- i will probobly post when i get back!!!

untill then here is rollover from a month ago or so- i did not get to see the whole thing but JIM's Towing did it on the ramp from I290 E/B to lake st E/B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home