Thursday, June 16, 2005

rollover semi on to 2 cars

Horrible accident closed both sides of a major artery in Chicago�s expressway system. A semi rolled on to 2 cars. Amazingly, everyone survived!! Unfortunately, where this happened is over 1 � hours from me so I could not make it to take pics first hand. IDOT had there rotator there, but the primary towing company, Ray and Wallys, got there and participated in the rescue operation.



I wish I could give full credit to all the tow trucks on the scene but I don�t know who runs the medium duty kenworth*** (in the first few pics) and I don�t know if the light duty used to pull the car out is a �Ray and Wallys� truck. If I get any more info I will post it. Great job by everyone and this is a rare, but great honor, for a towing company to participate in a rescue.





*** the Bishop Ford Expressway (i94) is under construction now and as part of the contract between the state of Illinois and the construction company, they must provide a 24 hour a day towing company to parole the construction zone. This area is out side of IDOT�s normal area. I don�t know who is contracted to do this.





the pics are from CBS 2 Chicago: http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_164182039.html



this is a video of the event: http://wbbm.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpage.php?Art_ID=13241&tf=video_player.tpl&PreloadContract_DefID=1&Contract_DefID=2&Category_ID=5



























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home