Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Motor club experiance
I got a call one night from a lady in wheeling. She was despite. She had gotten off of work at 4:30 pm- she got to her car and it would not start. She had called AAA it took them 2and a half hours to get service to her. She wanted her car towed but the tow driver convinced her that her car just needed a jump- so she took the jump and the car ran for a min or 2 and in the mean time the driver left. The car died. She was stuck- again. She called AAA back and they said they would send someone back- now keep in mind- her office building is sealed off closed and she was waiting out side with her car- it wasn’t freezing but there was a nip in the air. After an hour and a half of waiting- she finally called me and said she was sick of waiting and she would pay cash- I got there 20 min after the initial call- she told me that if I could jump it that was fine because the other guy said it could be jumped. I told he I will see if that was an option- I told her to pop her hood- do you know what I found? Take a guess….The battery had exploded. Yes that’s right- the other tower tried to jump her car with an exploded battery. Another great AAA job………………….. I don’t want to say who the other towing company was………………but……..
2 Towing companies accused of defrauding charities
This comes from an investigative report from CBS 2 Chicago.
They accuse Royal Towing and O'Hare cars Towing ( not the same as O'Hare towing) of steeling hundreds of cars that were donated to charities and the cars were towed but the funds never made it to the charities. the value of this is estimated at over $2 million. there is video on the link- very good and informitive invesigation
The Count
I keep a list of what needs to be added to the count but i did not write what the credit was for- so im sorry. don't forget the count resets to zero on the first of the year. please participate.
Ernies-24
Lin-Mar – 24
O’Hare-21
Airline – 15
IDOT ETP- 13
Grand Aberdeen-10
District- 9
Allens –4
Bristle-4
Powers-4
Transport towing- 4
Hillside-3
City of chicago-2
Wes’s - 2
wildwood-2
Fries-2
Jims- 2
Bloomingdales - 1
ray and wallys-1
A Exelence – 1
Redmonds-1
Groens-1



Lin Mar
- mundiline- recovery
- niles- water recovery
- Morton grove- rec
- I294/I290- jackknife
- Aurora- steal coils
- ?
- Swift - laGrange

O’Hare
- I 55 X2
- I294 n/b at touhy toll
- ?
- ?
- ?

District
- R/o on I55

IDOT
- I 94 @95
- I290/i94
- ?
- ?

Ernies
- ?
- ?
- ?
- I 294/grand
- I294 at St Charles-R/o semi that hit a Tollway truck

Transport
- I80
- I80
- I55

Airline
- ?
- ?
- 294 at ogden

Powers
- R/o 294/I290
- R/O 94/290

Wildwood
- 294/grand

Fries
- airplane recovery- a while back I did not give them credit for

Jims
- dump truck recovery

Groens
- Southwest airlined recovery at midway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home